JSIS TA Applications 2013-2014
JSIS TA Applications
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Answers by Toni Read
- My letters are being sent separately, so they aren’t with my TA application. Is that OK?
It’s appropriate for the letters of recommendation to be sent separately. They should be sent directly to me as an attachment by email to email@example.com.
- Letters were sent with my JSIS grad school application. I don’t need to send them again for the TA application, do I?
Yes, you do. The application for admission to JSIS is a separate process from the TA application, coordinated by different people and different offices within JSIS.
- How will I know if you’ve received all my letters of recommendation?
I will begin coordinating the letters of recommendation with the applications at the beginning of February. If you are missing any letters at that time I will contact you by email immediately. If the missing letters are from UW faculty and you have listed your referees on your application, I will also contact them by email on your behalf.
- Does everyone have to submit letters of recommendation?
Yes, with one exception, all applicants must submit letters of recommendation. The exception applies strictly to applicants who are currently TAs in the Jackson School (13-14). For those applicants, the letters submitted as part of their application last year will be used again. I have those letters on file.
- When will I be notified about the status of my application?
We will fill as many positions as possible by the end of April 2014 and you should be advised of your status by then. All contact/notifications will be made by email to the email address listed on your application.