The ACCESS Program for State Residents 60+
The Access program allows Washington state residents aged 60 and older to audit University courses on a space-available basis. The program is a great opportunity to take full advantage of the extraordinary resources of the campus, the outstanding faculty, and the diverse student population.
Access students attend classes on an audit basis. Some faculty encourage active participation from Access students but it is a good idea to check with the instructor first. Access students may register for most courses except English 100, 101, 102, Math 098, UW Extension, Distance Learning, studio, laboratory courses, and honors sections. They may also register for 500 level graduate courses with the approval of the instructor by obtaining an entry code through the department. A transcript is not maintained.
Access students may enroll for a maximum of two courses per quarter. The registration fee is $5 plus a Technology Fee of $4/credit that allows all registered students to have an email account and use of the computer labs. You may request a student ID card to obtain library privileges for the quarter. You are also eligible to purchase a quarterly U-PASS from the ID Card Center, 14 Odegaard.
View International Studies Courses Here
How to Register (in person or by mail)
Registrar’s Office: (206) 543-8580:
- To register go to Schmitz Hall and obtain a registration form for ACCESS students or you may print the form now.
- Read the University Time Schedule.
- Select the quarter and year.
- A list of departments and the curriculum they offer will be displayed. Select the prefix of the curriculum you are interested in.
- A listing of the courses being offered this quarter will be displayed. Clicking on the five-digit schedule line number displays details of the course, including space availability.
- Take note of any special registration restrictions.
- After viewing the course details, use the Web browser back button to navigate Back to the index to search for additional course offerings. Computers are available in the Registration lobby on the second floor of Schmitz hall for your use.
- Go to Student Services located on the first floor of Thomson Hall and obtain an entry code, if required. In addition, the permission of the faculty teaching is usually required.
- Register only for courses you plan to attend. Because the registration fee is due even if you withdraw, and because the Technology Fee is based on the number of credits you are registered for after the first week, do not register for more classes than you plan to attend.
- In person registration takes place at Schmitz Hall from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. beginning the third calendar day of the quarter and continues through the fifth calendar day.
- To Register by mail, complete the registration form and mail it to:
Registration Office, Box 355850
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-5850
UWTV | UW Today | The Daily | Columns Magazine | JS Journal