Language Learning Resources
The CGS provides resources, training, and on and off-campus opportunities for a wide array of language learning activities.
For Students and faculty, CGS provides:
- Support to the UW Language Learning Center to develop language learning facilities and materials including:
- Computer-assisted Language Learning
- Digital Media Classrooms
- Video Conferencing
- Recording Studio
- Financial support to develop and staff foreign language classes such as
- Classes in Arabic, Kazakh, Uighur and Portuguese for the 2012-13 academic year
- Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships (FLAS) for undergraduate, graduate, and professional students seeking to develop fluency in less commonly taught languages and expertise in the regions in which they are spoken. FLAS eligible languages include:
- Arabic, Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian, Chinese, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian/Malay, Kazakh, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Uighur, and Vietnamese.
With regional partners, CGS collaborates to:
UWTV | UW Today | The Daily | Columns Magazine | JS Journal